Lake Windermere is the largest natural lake in England and a popular destination for many of our residents. Some things you can do at Lake Windermere include:
- Boating: Lake Windermere is a popular spot for boating, with several companies offering boat tours, ferry rides, and boat rentals. Visitors can take a leisurely cruise on a traditional steamboat or a more fast-paced ride on a speedboat.
- Watersports: Lake Windermere is also a popular spot for watersports, such as sailing, windsurfing, and kayaking.
- Hiking and walking: The lake is surrounded by beautiful scenery, including hills and forests, and there are many hiking and walking trails that provide stunning views of the lake and its surroundings.
- Fishing: The lake is home to a variety of fish, including pike, perch, and trout, and fishing is allowed with a permit.
- Bowness-on-Windermere: A beautiful town located on the lake’s eastern shore, it offers a variety of things to do, such as shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- The World of Beatrix Potter: an attraction that brings the tales of Beatrix Potter to life with interactive exhibits, live animation and a beautiful Peter Rabbit garden.
- Hill Top: The house of Beatrix Potter, writer and illustrator of many children’s books and also a farmer, she bought the house in 1905 and it is now open to visitors to see how she lived and worked.
- Steamers and vintage boats: Visitors can also take a trip on one of the vintage steamers or boats which are operated on the lake.
Overall, Lake Windermere offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages and interests, from relaxing boat rides to more active pursuits like hiking and watersports.
If you are looking for a home away from home, browse our Caravan Parks Near Morecambe.